Friday, July 20, 2012

The "S" word

another funny anecdote for you all:
Today at dinner i sat with Canaan, which contains some of the liveliest, goofiest, most energetic boys you'll ever meet. I sat on the end of the table, all the way across from Davis, which is a treat because he is SO fun to look at! (i understand that may sound a little creepy but he is beautiful beyond words!) To my left is a boy named Dennis and to my right, Andrew.
Dennis strolled in with lime green shades, the kind that have a rainbow reflection! He's one of those kids that is always in trouble...either being detained in school or missing meals or activities outside of school but i kinda have a heart for the kid because i cant help but think of friends that are JUST like him, always in trouble but have the biggest hearts or the greatest sense of humor! Andrew on the other hand would seem to have the opposite appearance. He wears glasses that dont quite fit his face and while he has one of the biggest smiles around, his front incisors couldn't be more crooked. He's the leader in boy scouts and seems to have a permanent march to his step. (he's what we'd call a nerd back home, but is one of the sweetest boys in school!)
After noticing that Dennis had collected 2 extra eggs, i asked how he's accomplished such a feat! (giving away and getting food in the dining hall requires much skill!) he sarcastically told me God had sent them. (i couldn't help but wish God would similarly swipe the rest of my food off my plate) and then out of nowhere Dennis looks at me and sings, "im sexy and i know it!" (click here for a taste of the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE)
I instantly burst into tears! "where did you hear that song?" i asked. he calmly replied..."the radio." and then Andrew chimes in..."grab somebody sexy tell em hey!"(a clip from a pitbull/neyo song called "give me everything!) again i keeled over and laughed until my face was red and i could no longer breathe! Andrew leaned closer to me and whispered...i know why you're laughing! i replied, "is that so?" he said "yes, its cause we're using the "S" word!"
all i could muster through my guffaws (which i was getting glared at for letting out) was "yup....that darn "S" word!"
these kids, im tellin ya!

1 comment: