Saturday, July 21, 2012

IM ENGAGED!!!


ok i lied, im not engaged, but this man (David) proposed today while we were at the market!
He's been there the last 2 times we've gone and so i guess we was waiting a respectable time before he popped the question! He didn't give me a ring, but he offered me some pretty nice deals with all my souvenirs. And for the things i wanted that his shop didn't have, he'd follow me around and tell his friends, that were also sellers, that i was his sweetheart and that they should give me a good deal!

After i left i couldn't help but think..."what would it be like to get married to a kenyan and live here"
and NO mom and dad, im not considering it, havent even entertain the idea...but its funny to think sometimes about how your life could go. I think its givin me a new perspective of what it means to truly put yourself in someone elses shoes...i can see the poverty, the different culture, the corruption...and i can empathize and imagine how difficult some aspects of kenyan life must be...i can even come to kenya for 2 months and serve at an orphanage, see the sites and experience the culture...and even if certain aspects resonate with me, it is not my own. I have begun to really respect those people who really "get into" whatever they're doing; those who not only serve the hungry, but become hungry themselves to know how it feels.

Now im not saying thats what everyone should do...i think there is a purpose of privilege, but thats another conversation. im just saying that as i left the market today wondering..what if i took Davids proposal seriously? how would my life change? i became extremely grateful for my reality back home! i guess it was just one of those funny God moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment