Tuesday, July 3, 2012

caged!

well this last weekend we had the home office staff from florida visit so we didn't get to travel out and about..which at first seemed kinda nice! i thought it would be relaxing to do nothing and watch movies all weekend but by saturday afternoon we started to go a little stir-crazy! Which i think has honestly been the hardest thing for me here...i feel a little bit like a caged bird! we live in such wonderful houses, get fed 3 times a day, work with the nicest staff and are surrounded by the coolest kids, but we can never leave! Part of the problem for me isn't even that i dont leave this 5 acre plot, its that i dont have the option to leave even if i wanted to.
and if you all know me, you know i LOVE to walk and often at home i'll charge up my ipod and walk for hours, exploring new streets and observing life around me...well here the path i have to walk on is about the size of a tennis court (which gets old after about 2 go-arounds) and there are walls around the whole compound so i can't see out...its driving me CRAZY! haha!
and even when we do get to leave its a planned trip..every minute of it...we hire a driver and tell him our plans..to this market, than this mall, then this restaurant...and the plans are made in advance. Im more a fly by the seat of your pants girl, so again, im havin a bit of a hard time. But, trying to look on the bright side, it has given me a lot of insight on A. how a lot of people have to live B. how blessed i am to live in a country, in a city and around people who i dont have to fear when i leave my house and can go nearly anywhere whenever i want C. it also makes me think of some of the things i could work on..like being a bit more organized with my time and D. it makes me extremely grateful for random, spontaneous way God seems to work and i'v been more sensitive to those moments while being here!
as you can see, god continues to use this place to reveal himself and the many things i can work on...although sometimes i wish i would wake up and he'd say, "you've figured it all kate, nothing to work on today!" learning quickly that that day will never come, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment